Reasons for Writing a Testimony
- It is superb evangelistic tool.
- It can influence the hearts of many.
- It shows purity apart from greed and lust.
- Your testimony will draw you closer to God.
- It deepens the soil for the planting of the Word.
- It helps other Christians renew their commitment.
- It gives hope of life free from adversity and death.
- It show the qualities others seek, alive in real people.
- It tells of true fulfillment, bedimming the counterfeits.
- It reinforces your conversations, filling in for memory.
- It crystallizes your thoughts and sharpens your delivery.
- It is a sound investment of what God has entrusted to us.
- Well written, it is non-threatening, gentle and persuasive.
- It transcends barriers of social, racial and economic class.
- It brings God's Word close to home and into present time.
- It activates the reader's imagination, inviting introspection.
- It imparts an experience with hope and joy to the desperate.
- It may be studied, and reviewed without loss of any details.
- Written testimony honors God, as much as any form of praise.
- It is a superb way to redeem past times and invest present time.
- It increases in value with each reading and may be memorized.
- Second readings are likely to be more meaningful than the first.
- It works for you when you're not present, even into the tribulation.
- It can be copied, loaned and shared with people you will never meet.
- It helps readers relate to the invisible God, illustrating the love of Jesus.
- Unlike conversation, it can be refined until it is the best you can make it.
- It separates the author from the telling, giving more focus on God and Jesus.
- It is a powerful means of overcoming the cunning traps and schemes of Satan.
- It helps us reexamine times past and relearn old lessons, redeeming times past.
- It can be targeted to specific groups, promoting identification with the victory.
- It accurately contrasts past error and despair to the love and assurances of God.
- It boosts your faith. You may discover details that will touch your heart afresh.
- Being read in the quiet of the mind it opens the door for the revelation of Jesus.
- It may be distributed as a tract. But unlike a tract, it shows real-life experience.
- The written word cannot be argued; it carries the credibility that graces authorship.
- It is presented without interruption leaving no opportunity for distracting questions.
Sons of God
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood
, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Pet 2:9 (NIV)